• Winter break Dec. 24 - Jan. 7

• First semester ends Dec. 21

• No school Nov. 19-23 for Thanksgiving break

Too Good not to have here

The Too Good To Go app is not available in Frisco yet, but will allow customers to select from participating restaurants and get discounted food that would otherwise be thrown away.

Reem Khan, Guest Contributor

For people that want to go out for food but not spend a lot of money, the app Too Good To Go is worth checking out. The app allows customers to select from participating restaurants and get discounted food that would otherwise be thrown away. By using this app, customers can save money and prevent food from being thrown away that’s perfectly fine to eat.

The app was created in Denmark in 2015 and has spread to four other countries and is getting more and more attention in the United States with it currently only available in New York City. The app was founded by Chris Wilson and Jamie Crummie who wanted to bring light to the issue of food waste a topic which was not openly talked about in their opinion.

The goal of the app is to prevent food waste around the world while benefiting people who are either not able to afford the prices of restaurant food or those who have a budget they can’t break.

The app works for all parties as restaurants benefit as they are able to make money from what some might see as trash or inedible. Although they sell the food at a lower price they are still able to earn money from the purchases made through the app.

The app is helping to break the silence surrounding the topic of food waste. Food waste is a major problem throughout the world and can be resolved if we work together. Apps like Too Good to Go are just one step in the right direction. Now it just needs to work everywhere instead of just one city.