Students draw candidates cartoon style

Numerous classes on campus have been using Tuesday’s presidential election as either talking points in class or as the basis for a project, but none are doing it in the way PreAP Art I students are as they created political cartoons.

• “I enjoyed this art project because I thought I was kind of cool that we got to express our political opinions through art,” student artist Emma Krilowicz said.

• “I thought the art project was a great way to express my feelings and thoughts on the election his year,” student artist Jonathan Dao said.

• “I think America is a beautiful country that is being ruined by Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton both, but I thought it would be funnier if I just said bad stuff about Trump so that’s what I did,” junior Rabita Rahman said.

• “The political cartoon was really fun because being in school, we don’t get to express our political opinions. This was a great way to subtly show our stance on the election,” sophomore Prachurjya Shreya said.

• “My political cartoon shows how people will vote for their side of the party instead of voting for the actual candidate themselves,” student artist Harish Nagarvathinam said.

• “It basically just resembles how Donald Trump is a hypocrite and how he’s saying all these things about Bill Clinton doing stuff to women when he in fact is doing it himself,” student artist Kira Robinson said.

• “Basically it resembles how she is a liar because of the scandal with all the emails and it also shows that Donald Trump is crazy because he wants to deport Mexicans,” student artist Kanz Bitar said.

• “I took Donald Trump when he said Hillary has 30 years of bad experience and I took those scandals and turned them into art so I took Benghazi, Iraq and even Monica Lewinsky. Since she told us to pick a side I chose a Republican point of view so that’s why it was biased towards the GOP,” student artist Matthew Lee said.