WTV Daily Update back every day

WTV staff member Divya Murali (left) and WTV Daily Update Producer Neha Perumalla (right) get the camera and monitor images ready as anchor Kennedy Williams prepares to host a WTV Daily Update which is once again being shown in 2nd period every day.

Julia Savage

Cole Engelbrecht, Guest Contributor

The WTV Daily Update is once again being shown in all classes during 2nd period. The move began Monday and comes after more than a semester of the update only be shown on Fridays in many classes.

“I feel really proud and happy that the Daily Update is back to spread news to everybody in school,” WTV Daily Update producer Neha Perumalla said. “Without the Daily Update being broadcasted, nobody knows what’s going on around the school.”

The process to get the WTV Daily Update broadcast every day was led by WTV Executive Producers Eilidh McGarva and Maddie Owens.

“We went to Mr. Warstler and had a meeting with him and he basically told us that it’s just not his decision and that it’s the board of teachers that he meets with every month,” Owens said. “
“We did a Powerpoint and presented all of this to the teachers in the monthly meeting. We got numbers for the average length of the Daily Updates, because we didn’t want the teachers to think that it was too long.”

With this year’s WTV Daily Update featuring more than 85 percent of stories pertaining to the school or Frisco ISD and averaging just under four minutes a show, the campus leadership committee decided it was worth showing every day in 2nd period.

“I feel as the Daily Update coming back this semester is a really good thing because it helps us students be updated with whats going on around school,” junior Borna Kafai said. “The Daily Update gives us information on what we need to know for every day such as new policies, or any type of rules that may be added.”