Course cards due

Class selection for the 2017-18 began this week with students scheduled to turn in their course cards Wednesday or Thursday. Students will be able to make changes until April 13.

Olivia Kirklin

Olivia Kirklin, Editor-in-chief

Course cards for the 2017-2018 school year are due to social studies teachers Thursday. This is the first step for students to select classes for next year with counselors assisting students in registering for classes online the week of Feb. 6-10.

AP course changes can be made throughout the summer, but after turning in course cards, students can only make elective schedule changes until April 13.

Students that fail to turn in course cards on time will run the risk of having someone else select their classes.

“If they turn their cards in late, they run the risk of having their counselor pick all of their classes for next year,”counselor Ryan Kiefer said. “I mean it’s imperative that students turn in on time, not only so that they don’t run the risk of having someone else pick their schedule, but also we use that to determine how many sections of each class that we need, how many teachers we need, if we need to hire any teachers for next year. It’s just for the overall planning for the master schedule resources for next year. That’s why we have to have them in so early.”