Deadline looming for NHS applicants

Jordan Klein

Jordan Klein, WTV Staff Reporter

NHS, or National Honors Society, is a nationwide club that provides students with the opportunity to get out of the classroom and help the community.

Its purpose is to promote leadership, high achieving academics, and provide members with the desire to offer service to others.

NHS is currently home to three hundred and thirty three students on campus: all juniors and seniors.

And the application process is already underway for next year.

“So the application process is more of a check just to make sure that you are the quality of student that we look for,” senior Tom Cline said. I’ll be honest here at Liberty many many students do qualify so we encourage everyone who feels like they may be qualified, to apply. You may be surprised it’s not extremely rigorous but we do look for high achieving students.”

Once inducted, members are expected to attend all chapter meetings, participate in chapter and individual service projects, pay their dues, and complete the required 20 service hours per year.

“It’s been a great experience you know, it really provides a lot of great opportunities to help our community and also engage with other students who are similarly high achieving and committed to helping people and really performing service to our community,” Tom Cline said.