Students takes the stage Friday for Talent Show

Preparing for Fridays talent show, junior Caitlyn Kleibert rehearses on stage in the auditorium. The Talent Show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $5.

Marisa Uddin

Preparing for Friday’s talent show, junior Caitlyn Kleibert rehearses on stage in the auditorium. The Talent Show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $5.

Fernando Garcia, Guest Contributor

The annual talent show will be held in the auditorium at 7 p.m. Friday evening; the first under theatre director Heather Willingham.

“I have truly relied on the help and input from my seniors and juniors for the 2017 Talent Show, “ Willingham said in an email reply. “They all have 2 to 3 years experience helping to make the talent show happen, and I deferred often to what has worked and not worked in the past.”

The talent show is a platform for many students at the school to showcase their talents.

“There are so many talented singers and acts,” junior Caitlyn Kleibert said. “However, with my singing and Grace Nguyen’s piano skills, I think there’s a good chance we can place.”

One of the new tweaks being implemented under Willingham is an attempt more audience involvement Friday night.

“There will be a game show type of thing where the hosts will interact with the audience and there will be an intermission halfway through,” sophomore Dionn Lacy said. “The audience can walk around and buy snacks.”

Designed to be a fun showcase of student talent, it is a competition and students such as Kleibert have certain goals in mind.

“Hopefully place in the top three,” Kleibert said. “There will be three teachers judging and voting, then the audience will vote so more than one person can win a spot. I hope Grace and I win one of those spots.”