• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Notes from both coasts

Band students head west as orchestra students go east

A long bus ride from Frisco to Florida was worth it to orchestra seniors Austin Satrio, Grace Leung, Ethan Kim (pictured left to right) as they spent several days visiting several tourist attractions including EPCOT and Disney World.

provided by Grace Leung

Wade Glover, Staff Reporter

A week away from school meant a time to play for both band and orchestra students as one group headed west and the other headed east with band taking a trip to California and orchestra heading to Florida.

For the 77 orchestra students that made the trip, it was a chance to visit Disney World, EPCOT and Universal Studios Florida.

“The favorite part of the trip for me was getting to see the students in a different element,” assistant orchestra director Chase Fickling said. “Getting to see them and their personalities expressed in a more fun way outside of a school setting.”

For senior Grace Leung, the orchestra trip was bittersweet.

“It was super fun,” senior orchestra student Grace Leung said. “It was really sad but it made the trip more enjoyable.”

On the other side of the country, band students were enjoy various tourist attractions in southern California.

“I feel like it went really well,” junior band student Shane Bugni said. “It was definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life. A few of my friends and I went to Muscle Beach and we rented tricycles and biked for five miles down the beach on tricycles.”

The band trip was something of a family affair for the Bugnis’ as it was Connor’s last band trip.  

“It was definitely my favorite out of all of them,” senior Connor Bugni said. “My favorite part was the studio tour at universal where you got to see all the movie sets and where the movies were made.”

Wade Glover, WTV Executive Producer

Wade Glover is a senior. He is serving as the Executive Producer for Wingspan TV in his fourth year of the Wingspan program. Wade is also the Student Body...