Opinion: procrastinate on procrastination

Although procrastination tends to be a prominent feature of the life of a student, guest columnist Cole Engelbrecht writes that it should be prevented as much as possible.

Maddie McCord

Cole Engelbrecht, Guest Contributor

Throughout high school, students will be faced with many nights that are filled with a whole bunch of stress due to classwork. While trying to complete a piece of homework, or a project from a certain class, there may also be the pressure to study and score well on a quiz or test in another class.

Sometimes all the stress leads to dangerous case of procrastination. This however, is to be avoided at all costs. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but this can come to haunt you in the end and may not be worth it.

Postponing study time and pushing off homework to the last minute seems like the easy way out to relieve stress during the week, but in the end it will only cause more headaches as there is even less time to complete the work.

All things done in school can be done on time but what students need to realize coming into high school is that everything requires time and planning. Everything you do will require some effort, and the best way to not be stressed over your work is to manage your time and not procrastinate to the last minute or day before the due date.

Students need to find a way to manage their time and use their class time wisely. Many teachers will give you time in class to work on stuff but many students use this time to play on their phones or do something unproductive. But class time can be a student’s saving grace when it come to getting homework done. If your teacher gives you the time to complete something, use that time and don’t waste it.

Develop a schedule for when you will do what. No matter what, most students are going to procrastinate at some point. When that happens, use your time wisely and get back on track before it’s too late.