• DECA’s first meeting is August 30 at 8:30 a.m. or 4:15 p.m. in C243

• Boys soccer tryouts (for those not currently in the class) are Nov. 28-30 after school on the turf field. See Coach Kaiser in room C112

• CTE Center’s FISD mock trial team will hold an information meeting over the try-out process on August 31 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the CTE Center

• Monday is the first day of school with 1st period beginning at 9:00 a.m.

NHS Induction Wednesday

Rehearsal Tuesday after school

NHS 2017-2018 induction ceremony will be Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. A rehearsal will be held Tuesday after school.

Reem Khan, Guest Contributor

2017-2018 National Honors Society members are preparing for their induction ceremony on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

Students are attending a rehearsal Tuesday after school to ensure they’re ready for the actual ceremony.

We want the kids to know the formal process for induction, where they’re sitting, where to go, as well as other things prior to the date so things can run smoothly for the actual ceremony,” NHS co-sponsor Amber Bennett said.

The induction ceremony serves as a reminder for new members of the values expected of them while in the organization.

Being a member of Liberty National Honor Society is a great accomplishment,” NHS officer Amy Zhang said. “Each member should represent NHS’s values by being respectful, having integrity, and leading by example which will also reflect on their attributes.”

Despite the expectations, many new members are willing to uphold NHS’s standards and begin their first year in the club.

“I’m so excited for the National Honors Society Induction Ceremony,” sophomore Ria Bhasin said. “I think it is something great that we all get to be a part of and, personally, I am looking forward to dressing up and getting inducted into the club.”