• 14 wrestlers advance to this weekend's regional meet at Independence High School

• Swim team takes part in state meet Friday and Saturday in Austin

• Girls' basketball began playoff run with 51-42 win Monday against McKinney North

• The WTV Daily Update named Student Television Network Southwest Regional Broadcast Excellence winner for Best Daily Taped Show

Entrepreneurship dives into Shark Tank

Entrepreneurship students learned about how to start a business through working on an analysis report that will be presented to their classmates.

Megan Lin

Dea-Mallika Divi, Staff Reporter

Students in Entrepreneurship are working on a final analysis report about a business they have been working on all year with a presentation bringing the project to a culmination.

“The kids will have to create a PowerPoint and then get up and present to the class,” Entrepreneurship teacher Danny Melton said. “It is kind of like a Shark Tank episode. They will present to class to see if they would be willing to give money to their business.”

The project provided students with valuable information about the business world through the assignment.

“I learned how hard it is to actually start a business and all the steps that you have to take in order for your business to be successful,” senior Cole London said.

For students who want to continue to work in the business field the project serves as more than just a grade in the gradebook.

“The students who really truly are passionate about business and who want to be an entrepreneur I think, will gain an invaluable experience,” Melton said. “The lessons that they learn along the way and all the things that go into creating a business and a business plan, because very rarely can anyone find their own business. They are going to have to look for investors to fund their business and for that they need a legitimate business report put together and this is helping them out for that.”