Opinion: up early, home early

As+most+students+are+going+to+lunch+or+third+period+or+advisory+period%2C+senior+Keegan+Williams+leaves+every+day+after+second+period+as+a+result+of+the+double+early+release+and+a+zero+hour+dual+credit+class.+

Julia Savage

As most students are going to lunch or third period or advisory period, senior Keegan Williams leaves every day after second period as a result of the double early release and a zero hour dual credit class.

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-chief

When freshman, sophomores, and some juniors think of the school day, they think of getting to school at 9 a.m., and leaving at 4:15 p.m., which is 7 hours and 15 minutes of misery.

But for some students such as myself, and many others, there is a thing called zero hour dual credit which allows for double early release and getting to leave at noon.

Although being at school at 7:15 in the morning may seem like the worst idea ever, it’s definitely beats staying at school all day.

Sure, you may be tired after getting up so early, but you can go home and take a nap, or do homework early and be able to go to sleep at a decent time. The possibilities for your free time are endless.

For students that have jobs, they can go in earlier and not stay as late as they would if their shift started at 5 p.m. This works perfectly for me as a nanny as I have to be at their house at 3 p.m. in time for the elementary school to get out.

Getting up early may seem like a deal breaker, but when you consider all the pros and cons, the pros outweigh anything negative by far, and zero hour dual credit is the way to go.