Future farmers at the fair

Kevin Brown/State Fair of Texas

Continuing on their 30 plus year partnership, the Texas state fair and North Texas Food Bank work together to provide meals to people in need through food donations in exchange of cheaper tickets.

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-Chief

Agricultural Awareness Day is an annual event at the State Fair of Texas for FFA students in the area. On Tuesday, the school’s FFA chapter will be attending the fair and participating in different events to further their FFA education.

“Agriculture Awareness Day is a chance for students to learn about the vastness and extraordinary capabilities of the agriculture industry,” FFA sponsor Julie Anderson said. “Students are able to see how the world is fed, clothed, and housed due to agriculture.”

This event is geared towards students hoping to pursue a career in agriculture.

“It is important for students to take part so that they are able to see the job potential of the agriculture industry,” Anderson said. “Their own ability to impact food security in the world, and also learn that the majority of the jobs available are not in production agriculture, but are in engineering and business.

Throughout the day, many activities will be available for the students as the explore agriculture close to home.

“Students will be visiting various booths, exhibits, animals, and educational displays that explain the various aspects of the industry and allow them to learn and experience more,” Anderson said. “They will also get to enjoy the products of the agriculture industry, the food.”

FFA students will be able to experience agriculture in their own back yard,and be able to see the effects of the industry hands on.

“I hope that students gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the agriculture industry,” Anderson said. “I also hope that they learn about the career potential and how they can fill the jobs that are waiting for all agriculture graduates.”