• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

Getting ready to debate

Having spent months preparing for its competitions, the school's debate team has its first meet in Melissa on Sat., Oct. 13, 2018.

Maddie Owens

Maddie Owens

Keegan Williams and Dea-Mallika Divi

Debate has its first tournament on Saturday at Melissa High School with most Frisco ISD schools competing as well as many other schools from the DFW area.

“They started working the first day of school on competition prep,” debate advisor Melissa Maier said. “Which is just getting ready with their cases and their LD files and CE files and also working on their speeches.”

The debate team is ready for this competition, and is excited to see how they do.

“We really want to win,” debate captain Parker Butler said. “We have been preparing hard for it and our debate team has only moved forward so we hope to win.”

Although many teams and programs have been competing for weeks, debate takes a bit more time to get ready for competitions.

“Debate requires months of preparation and a lot of collaboration,” Butler said. “Our team has been working hard since August. For a lot of our teammates, this will be their first time competing against other schools, and I think they’re ready.”

About the Writers
Keegan Williams, Editor-in-Chief
Keegan ‘KEEG$’ Williams, is a senior and Editor-in-Chief for Wingspan. She likes to partake in many activities such as watching Youtube and talking loudly. She also enjoys juggling, playing with her black lab, and pretending she can rap. KEEG$ is never seen without a water bottle, and loves hanging out with friends. KEEG$ is an icon throughout...
Dea-Mallika Divi, Assignment Editor

Dea is a senior who has been doing journalism since her freshman year. She loves movies, reading and listening to music. Her favorite book series is Harry Potter (Potterheads are the best kind of people). She is an officer in UNICEF and a member of the Dallas UNICEF UNITE Council as a Co-Youth Representative. She is also a member of JWAC and DECA. She hopes to someday work in the Department of Political Affairs in the United Nations. She is so excited to be a part of Wingspan for another year and is hoping that she gets through senior year with a decent amount of sleep.

Contact Dea: [email protected]