Playoffs begin for volleyball

Finishing+in+2nd+place+in+District+13-5A%2C+the+volleyball+team+faces+off+against+the+3rd+place+team+in+District+14-5A%2C+the+Lake+Dallas+Falcons%2C+in+a+bi-district+opening+round+playoff+game+Monday+at+Carrollton+Creekview+starting+at+7+p.m.+

Carter Brock

Finishing in 2nd place in District 13-5A, the volleyball team faces off against the 3rd place team in District 14-5A, the Lake Dallas Falcons, in a bi-district opening round playoff game Monday at Carrollton Creekview starting at 7 p.m.

Kasey Harvey, Staff Reporter

Playoff action begins Monday for volleyball as the Redhawks take on Lake Dallas High School in a Bi-District match at Creekview High School Monday at 7:00 p.m.

“We are really working to increase our level of play so that we can beat them and move on to the next round,” head volleyball coach Ui Womble said. “Lake Dallas has some scrappy little players. I expect our offense to kick in be able to dominate. I’m looking for big nights from our seniors, Kate and Hogan and Stephanie and then also following up with good performances from our other outside hitter Jenna Wenaas and then both of our setters Lauren and Ashley to have great nights as well.”

Lake Dallas finished in third place in District 14-5A, but the Redhawks are going in to Monday’s game with confidence.

“I’m expecting us to work hard and play our best. I’m expecting us to come out with a win,” junior Jessica Gordon said. “I think it should be really fun. Personally I’m a bit nervous but I’m proud of my team and what we’ve accomplished this season.”