• Summer vacation June 4-August 15

• First day of school is Thursday, August 16

Fifth Quarter cancellation

The 5th Quarter event was set to be held in the fieldhouse after Friday's game against Reedy

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-Chief

Fifth quarter was an event coordinated by student council to bring students and fas together after the last football game, however, due to a lack of participants, the night had to be cancelled.

“We unfortunately had to cancel fifth quarter because of recent complications with My Payments Plus and getting students to pay using it,” student council president Jeffrey Nebeker said.

The event was to be held in the fieldhouse with games and music and Chick-Fil-A for people who paid the $5 fee on My Payments Plus.

While Student Council worked hard to advertise, people weren’t willing to stray from their own after game traditions.

“People have a lot of traditions after the game like going to Whataburger and other fast food places,” Nebeker said. “So they didn’t want to go anywhere else.”

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-Chief
Keegan ‘KEEG$’ Williams, is a senior and Editor-in-Chief for Wingspan. She likes to partake in many activities such as watching Youtube and talking loudly. She also enjoys juggling, playing with her black lab, and pretending she can rap. KEEG$ is never seen without a water bottle, and loves hanging out with friends. KEEG$ is an icon throughout...