• Thanksgiving Break Nov. 20-24

• Wingspan named a 2018 CSPA Digital Crown finalist for third year in a row

Falling to Reedy, football ends season

Taking+on+Reedy+Friday+at+Memorial+Stadium%2C+senior+Jordan+Jones+and+junior+Mitchell+Miller+prepare+for+the+next+play.+The+Redhawks+would+fall+to+Reedy+47-14+to+end+their+season+with+a+2-8+record.+
Taking on Reedy Friday at Memorial Stadium, senior Jordan Jones and junior Mitchell Miller prepare for the next play. The Redhawks would fall to Reedy 47-14 to end their season with a 2-8 record.

Marisa Uddin

Marisa Uddin

Kasey Harvey, Sports Editor

Losing to playoff bound Reedy 47-14 Friday night at Memorial Stadium, the 2017 Redhawks football season is over with the team finishing with an overall record of 2-8, 1-6 in District 13-5A.

“It’s always a little bitter,” head football coach Chris Burtch said. “Unless you win the state championship you’re never content and I’ve yet to do that in 27 years. I’ve never had a season that I was happy at the end of the deal. When you look at it holistically our team got better, our kids grew as football players but more importantly they grew as men and their character deepened and hopefully they’ll be better men and husbands and fathers because of football so time to move on. I’m going to miss those guys I obviously love them but it’s time for them to go and do something a little bit different.”

Despite not advancing to the playoffs, the end of the season is a bittersweet feeling especially for seniors.

“It definitely is a huge impact on my life and it sucks that a big part of my life is over,” senior football player Ronith Podduturi said. “I’ve been doing this for nine years. They way the season ended, we wish we could do a lot better and if we could do over some things we would want to. We are happy with the brotherhood that we have created and the friendships and memories that we’ve created through football season.”

For senior cheerleader Kendall Pulaski, whether the team won or lost the season was memorable.

“It was so much fun but it’s also kind of sad but being with the team every week it made it so much fun,” Pulaski said. “For winning it’s a lot of fun, if we’re losing we are still cheering but the energy way down than it would be if we were winning. I really don’t care if we won or lost, it was still fun. Sad but at the same time I’m excited I’m almost done with highschool.”