• No school Friday for Staff Development Day

• No school Feb. 18 for President's Day

Fish takes on Nike Nationals

Helping+guide+the+girls%27+cross+country+team+to+the+first+state+championship+is+school+history%2C+sophomore+Amelia+Jauregui+%287th+place%29%2C+senior+Carrie+Fish+%282nd+place%29+and+freshman+Kallin+Brown+%2852nd+place%29%2C+were+the+top+three+for+the+Redhawks%2C+placing+high+enough+to+help+the+team+win+the+championship+by+four+points.+

Fish takes on Nike Nationals

Helping guide the girls' cross country team to the first state championship is school history, sophomore Amelia Jauregui (7th place), senior Carrie Fish (2nd place) and freshman Kallin Brown (52nd place), were the top three for the Redhawks, placing high enough to help the team win the championship by four points.

Catie Reeves

Catie Reeves

Catie Reeves

Kasey Harvey, Sports Editor

The last cross country race of her high school career will be one of the biggest races in Carrie Fish’s life as she gets ready to run in the Nike Cross Nationals Saturday in Portland.

“I don’t really have a time goal, I just want to run my race,” Fish said. “I feel like I can represent the south. It feels great. It kind of gives the other girls motivation in a way where they could be in a few years or maybe next year.”

It’s the first time head cross country coach Amanda Zambiasi has sent a girl to the Nike Cross Nationals.

“I’m just extremely excited and proud of her,” Zambiasi said. “She’s worked so hard all four years and to be able to get to go her senior year is kind of icing on the cake. It’s all been individual. I gave some workouts to her but everything’s been on her own. She’s had to go out there and workout on her own and push herself so it kind of speaks to how awesome it is that she’s made it this far. She’s not technically representing Liberty, but obviously she’s ours. They sign up to go to regionals after the state meet.”

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...