• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

DECA starts new semester with district meet

14+DECA+students%2C+along+with+coach+Chris+Ham%2C+are+spending+Tuesday-Thursday+in+downtown+Dallas+for+the+state+DECA+conference.+
14 DECA students, along with coach Chris Ham, are spending Tuesday-Thursday in downtown Dallas for the state DECA conference.

Chris Ham

Chris Ham

Wade Glover, WTV Daily Update Producer

DECA students are off campus Tuesday for the district meet at the Irving Convention Center competing against schools from across north Texas. 

“[The other teams] do make the competition harder,” Senior Sonika Rao said. “But they help you find out what you need to work on the most.”

Students compete in different events, with each one presenting unique challenges to participants. For Rao, that’s the Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making event.

“We have to analyze an ethical problem with a company given to us in a role play and then plan out what to say and then we go present to the judge, who’s usually the president of the company,” Rao said. “We analyze their problem and how to fix it, and then they ask some questions [about the solution].”

The events present scenarios that students may not learn about in a business class, and Rao says that she has benefitted from the events she has competed in.

“It helps because my event is business law and I want to go into corporate law in the future,” Rao said. “Dealing with the ethical situations is going to help me in the future.”

Wade Glover, WTV Executive Producer

Wade Glover is a senior. He is serving as the Executive Producer for Wingspan TV in his fourth year of the Wingspan program. Wade is also the Student Body President and the President of Pulse, the campus climate committee. He is an active member in the Youth programs at Custer Road United Methodist Church and goes on at least one mission trip every summer. Wade is a two time recipient of the President’s Volunteer Service Award (2016, 2017) and proudly volunteers with many local organizations. He is the former chairman of the Frisco chapter of Young Men’s Service League where he encouraged teenage boys and their moms to give back to the community together. Wade is looking to study broadcast journalism with an emphasis on political science following his time at Liberty.

Contact Wade: [email protected]