• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

Redhawks sweep Knights, wrestlers take on Coyote Classic

Wade Glover

Surya Ravichandran, WTV Staff Reporter

The wrestling, soccer, and basketball teams were in action this weekend. 

For basketball, the boys and girls traveled to Independence to take on the Knights. On the boys side, senior Jaden Bennett put up his second straight back to back 20 point game as the Redhawks extended their win streak to 8 games with the 79-63 win. 

For the girls, coming back from a loss against Lone Star, the Redhawks had a rough first quarter and trailed 14-2. But that was it for Independence. In the next 3 quarters, the girls outscored the Knights 69-29 to come away with the 71-43 win.

The boys and girls soccer teams also went up against Independence. Coming of a loss against Heritage, the boys turned things around and brought home the 1-0 win with junior CJ Nelson putting the ball in the back of the net. The girls looked to win a game after coming off a draw against Heritage. Freshman Ally White scored a goal for the Redhawks, but so did opponent Landry Corbett of the Knights, as the game ended in another 1-1 draw.

The boys and girls wrestling teams were also in action, competing in the annual Coyote Classic Tournament. The girls came away with 1st place honors, led by juniors Savannah West and Jordan Johnston. Meanwhile the boys placed 5 wrestlers in the finals, and finished 3rd in the tournament. The tournament wrapped up the regular season with the district tournament up next for the Redhawks in two weeks.

Surya Ravichandran, WTV Sports Producer
Surya Ravichandran is a senior at liberty high school, and a sports producer on the liberty wingspan team. There are multiple reports that claim Surya is the coolest kid in wingspan, however there are also reports that claim nobody knows Surya. Let’s leave it at that. Contact Surya: [email protected]  
Wade Glover, WTV Executive Producer

Wade Glover is a senior. He is serving as the Executive Producer for Wingspan TV in his fourth year of the Wingspan program. Wade is also the Student Body President and the President of Pulse, the campus climate committee. He is an active member in the Youth programs at Custer Road United Methodist Church and goes on at least one mission trip every summer. Wade is a two time recipient of the President’s Volunteer Service Award (2016, 2017) and proudly volunteers with many local organizations. He is the former chairman of the Frisco chapter of Young Men’s Service League where he encouraged teenage boys and their moms to give back to the community together. Wade is looking to study broadcast journalism with an emphasis on political science following his time at Liberty.

Contact Wade: [email protected]