State Fair Day for FFA

Imani Jones

Welcoming visitors to the State Fair, Big Tex is a can’t miss sight that FFA students will see as part of their trip to the State Fair on Tuesday.

Imani Jones, Guest Contributor

For many people, the State Fair of Texas at Fair Park in Dallas is all about the food. But for the school’s branch of Future Farmers of America, Tuesday’s trip to the State Fair is a valuable learning experience.

“It is important for students in the FFA to attend so they can learn about all areas of the agriculture industry,” FFA coordinator Julie Anderson said. “They can view all varieties of livestock and exotic animals, visit vendors and schools dealing with agricultural mechanics, get involved with the Go Texan initiative, and interact with other young agriculturists.”

FFA is going to the State Fair on Tuesday for Ag Awareness Day; an annual day to teach youth about agriculture.

“It is imperative that all students educate themselves about agriculture,” Anderson said. “It is the world’s only essential industry. We have a growing population to feed and clothe with less resources. If students educate themselves then they will better understand what it takes to feed, clothe, and house the world population because that is what the agriculture industry does.”