• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Red rhythm showcase skills tonight

Shriniketh Mukundan

Red rhythm showcase skills tonight

Kirthi Injeti, Staff Reporter

Red Rhythm will show off the progress they have made this year in the FISD Drill Team Contest Show Offs on Thursday starting at 6 p.m. in the main gym of Independence High School, with free admission included.

“I am most excited to see the girls perform in front of the other drill teams,” Red Rhythm director Nicole Nothe said. “I think it’s a really good environment to have the families there and friends and all the drill teams in the district supporting each other.”

Junior Hayley Hammons looks to keep the team together during competitions by motivating others and spreading positivity.

“I’ve been working on trying to keep the team motivated and just keep the positive energy since contest season is a stressful time,” Hammons said. “We have three dances that we’ve been working on for a really long time to perform in just two different days and so it’s important to keep the girls positive and just excited about the dances.”

Along with preparing the team mentally, junior Emily Madden has also set personal goals for herself during the practices leading up to the event.

“I’ve just been working on just my kick technique and everything that we need to have for the dance,” Madden said. “But for social officer I’ve just been really trying to encourage the girls and keep them motivated so that they know that they can accomplish anything that they put their mind to and put their hard work into.  

While the drill team show offs may be a competitive event for assistant director Marina Gonzalez it’s more about seeing all the talent FISD has to offer.

“I am most excited to see all the talent that FISD has in one place for one night,” Gonzalez said. “It’s really rare that we all get to get together and perform together, so that’s really exciting just to be able to see what everyone offers.”