HOSA fundraiser coming to a close

Students+visit+juniors+Kanika+Kappalayil%2C+Tanya+Shiramagond%2C+and+Haniah+Bashirs+HOSA+booth+in+the+rotunda+before+school.++

Amna Haque

Students visit juniors Kanika Kappalayil, Tanya Shiramagond, and Haniah Bashir’s HOSA booth in the rotunda before school.

Amelia Pirrello, Guest Contributer

Time is running out on HOSA’s fundraiser as Friday is the last day members will be bags selling bags of popcorn.

“We’re raising money for all the things we do as an organization,” sponsor Christina Chong said. “We pay for things associated with social events that we do, and we pay for some of the entry fees for our competition as well as some of the travel expenses.”

With eight flavors of popcorn, costing only $2 each, there isn’t a shortage of options although most members have sold most of their bags.    

“I bought vanilla,” freshman Alexandra Styles said.”It was really good too, so i definitely recommend it to anyone who can’t decide on a flavor.”

Each HOSA member was asked to sell at least twenty bags of popcorn with no incentive other than money earned either helps the students directly or the organization as a whole.

“We’ve been selling for three weeks,” junior Olivia Brucker said. “We just want to raise as much money as possible because it covers charges we would have had to pay ourselves.”

Although members are raising funds for their organization, they are getting much more than that.

“I think it helps them be accountable so they are able to have responsibilities and buy into our organisation,” Chong said. “I hope that they want to [sell popcorn] so that they enjoy being a part of H.O.S.A and are proud to talk about H.O.S.A as an organisation.”