Theater takes the stage for their UIL One act play

Minuki Medis

Minuki Medis, WTV Staff Reporter

Monotonous school activities take a turn as battles and monsters will appear on campus Thursday and Friday, thanks to the theater department performing their UIL One Act Play: She Kills Monsters.

She Kills Monsters follows the plot of a girl who recently lost her young sibling, and decides to explore her Dungeons and Dragons console leading her on a magical journey.

The show is revolutionary as well as it is the first show in school history to have an LGBTQ character as the lead.

Biology teacher Richard Sabatier, the sponsor for the school’s tabletop games club is especially excited to see the show.

“Seeing as D&D is a very imaginative game where you kind of make your own worlds and you kind of get to think outside of the box i’d expect the show to be the same where it’s not gonna be kind of your standard what you’d expect,” Sabatier said. “I think it’ll be a cool it’ll explore those fantasy elements and it’ll kind of relate that to the real world in a meaningful way. Im absolutely excited to see it. D&D rules so anytime I see other people getting excited about my hobby, it gets me excited so you know it has the stigma of oh it’s this big nerd thing, not that there’s anything wrong with it being a nerd thing, but it’s cool to see it go into the mainstream”

The show runs at approximately 40 minutes and is being performed Thursday at 7 p.m., Friday at 7 p.m., and the understudy cast is performing Friday at 8:15 p.m.

Tickets are $5 for admission.