Campus to host Shattered Dreams Thursday and Friday

Neha Perumalla

Neha Perumalla, WTV Executive Producer

Taking place Thursday and Friday, WTV Special Projects Producers Divya Murali and Marisa Uddin will be directing the crash scene of Shattered Dreams.

“Shattered Dreams is about drunk driving prevention in that the district pulls together a simulation of a car accident that involves people from your school,” WTV Special Projects Producer Divya Murali said. “So it’s more personal in order to spread the message that we shouldn’t drink and drive, and it really just shows the consequences to your actions.”

Tomorrow will be an all day event for the actors with the rest of the school invited outside during second period to watch a simulated crash scene.

“Every grade will get released to go see the crash scene,” School Resource Officer Glen Hubbard said. “Initially it makes them really think about what goes on in traffic accidents and how alcohol contributes to these accidents. They actually get to see the damage that has been caused. They get to see some fake injuries that are pretty realistic and how it affects family members.”

With the crash scene showing the dangers of drinking and driving, WTV Special Projects Producer Marisa Uddin hopes the deeper meaning behind the simulation gets across to students.

“With Shattered Dreams, I hope students take this seriously,” WTV Special Projects Producer Marisa Uddin said. “It’s not just a reason to get out of class. There’s a deeper meaning behind the actual crash scene and the party scene. I hope it influences students and helps them make a personal connection.”

Due to the Shattered Dreams program on Thursday, Rolater road will be blocked off from Bendbrook drive to Valley Brook drive from 9:30 a.m. to around noon.