When the bells ring, the music begins

Changing+the+norm%2C+students+kicked+into+full+gear+for+the+start+of+school+on+Thursday.+

Perry Mellone

Changing the norm, students kicked into full gear for the start of school on Thursday.

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-chief

The 2018 baseball season begins Thursday and the school is embracing the start of America’s pastime with a few different things including playing music such as “Sweet Caroline”, “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”, and “Centerfield”, in hallways during passing periods.

“We just had a meeting with the campus improvement team and someone threw out that idea,” teacher Jennifer Nelken said. “And we try to do something for the staff once a month and this month we didn’t have anything so we said baseball opening day. And we put that forward to admin and they approved it.”

Teachers are also being fed hot dogs and are allowed to wear jeans and baseball t-shirts to commemorate the event.

“It’s just for today only, it’s kind of for the teachers because we go to Rangers games and stuff like that and we hope that it’s good for the students too,” Nelken said. “It’s just to have a happy and positive environment before we go on a little break. Hopefully it’ll boost moral and be kind of fun, I wish we did it all the time but I don’t know that we will.”