Flurry of flags to fly Friday

Vinanti Vemulapalli

With winterguard in full swing, the team will enter the Wolverine den for the NTCA competition at Wakeland High School. Sitting before a panel of judges, the team will get to see if their work will pay off on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020.

Brelyn Bashrum, Staff Reporter

Varsity color guard teams throughout Frisco ISD are showcasing their talents at the Frisco Flag Night Friday from 7-9 p.m. at Lebanon Trail High School.

“The purpose of Frisco Flag night is to get all the Frisco Color guards together and give them a chance to perform for each other,” color guard director Scott Mills said. “Frisco Flag night gives the winter guard one more opportunity to perform their show in front of an audience which will help them feel more prepared for their final competitive performance at NTCA Championships.”

The free event allows teams to perform their spring shows for each other and their family and friends.

“I’m really excited to show all of my friends and family who haven’t been able to come to previous competitions what we’ve accomplished over the season,” sophomore guard member Molly Kelly said. “We get some extra reps in in front of an audience to be able to prepare for our upcoming Championships.”

During the spring semester, the Liberty Guard competes as a separate entity in both Winterguard International and the North Texas Colorguard Association.

“I’m really excited to perform especially at the end of the season,” sophomore guard member Lauren Hazzard said. “Championships for us are on Saturday, and this is a great way to show locally how much we’ve grown throughout the season.”