• Summer vacation June 4-August 15

• First day of school is Thursday, August 16

Review: Desserts with an Asian flair

Hi+Sweetie+offers+a+plethora+of+desserts+that+includes+its+specialty%2C+rolled+ice+cream.+
Hi Sweetie offers a plethora of desserts that includes its specialty, rolled ice cream.

Perry Mellone

Perry Mellone

Olivia Howard, Guest Contributor

Hi Sweetie, is not your typical ice cream or dessert place. This shop sells Thai-style desserts including, boba tea that you can drink out of light bulbs, and of course the famous rolled ice cream.

The shop allows full access to watching the ice cream being made, making sure the order is right and building up excitement. There are plenty of flavors and toppings to please everyone, such as chocolate for one’s sweet tooth with the Cookie N’ Time or for those that want to be healthy, fruit toppings are available.  

Perry Mellone
Rolled ice cream is a new trend popular with young adults.

The wait took about 15 minutes for two rolled ice creams, although much care and consideration is put into the presentation. With a plethora of toppings to please one’s taste buds, the ice cream rolls have a creamy consistency making for a fun and creative concept.

A pretty cool deal offered is to check out their Instagram and Facebook pages to be able to get 10 percent off of your order.

The Cookie N’ Time is highly recommended and is bound to please any chocolate lover. Including cookies and cream rolled ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and finally topped with M&M’s.

This place is definitely kid friendly as well with plenty of board games on hand which can make for a great family night, with the music original and catchy. The large neon sign draws customers in and from there, the warm welcoming from the staff makes for a very enjoyable experience. Featuring a clean and calm vibe, Hi Sweetie is the perfect place to catch up with a friend or family member or if you’re just craving something sweet.

About the Photographer
Perry Mellone, Staff Photographer
Perry Mellone is in his senior year. He is a member of the Wingspan team as a photographer. Outside of school he sticks to what he knows, taking photos and making films. He attends Elevate Life Church on a weekly basis with his family. For fun he plays basketball, golf, and video games.  After he...