Testing week reminders

Megan Lin, Editor-in-chief

Students will be in and out of class starting Monday as the testing season begins with STAAR EOCs this week and AP testing all this week and next week. Freshmen will be taking the Algebra 1 EOC on Tuesday and the Biology EOC on Wednesday while juniors will be taking the U.S. History EOC on Thursday.

Lists with room assignments and seat numbers are posted in the rotunda. No cell phones or backpacks will be allowed in testing rooms and gyms, so students are encouraged to either store their belongings in their locker or in their car. Locker numbers and combinations have been emailed and can also be found on HAC.

For EOC testing, students are allowed to bring a non-messy snack, a water bottle, No. 2 pencils, and a library book to their testing rooms. For AP testing, students will need to bring No. 2 pencils, black or dark blue ink pens, and up to two approved calculators for certain tests. Food is allowable, but must be in a clear plastic bag or original packaging.

For the EOCs, students must arrive no later than 8:40 a.m. in order to allow for ample time to get to their testing rooms. For AP tests, students must report to their testing rooms no later than 7:30 a.m. for morning tests and 11:30 a.m. for afternoon tests. For those taking two tests in one day or an afternoon test, students must pack a lunch as the cafeteria will not be open to purchase food.

A full list of AP exams, their dates, and times can be found here.