Summer under $10

As+the+school+year+wraps+up%2C+students+will+be+looking+for+things+to+do.+Here+are+seven+things+that+are+fun%2C+local%2C+and+relatively+cheap.+

Amelia Pirrello

As the school year wraps up, students will be looking for things to do. Here are seven things that are fun, local, and relatively cheap.

Amelia Pirrello, Guest Contributor

Summer is almost here and that means a lot of free time for many students. But trying to find things to fill time, while not spending an arm and a leg can be challenging. Here’s a list of seven things to do in Frisco for under $10.  

Students can find many things to do during the summer break including going to the mall for the movies.

1. Get a MoviePass for $9.95 a month.

One of my favorite things to do over the summer is see movies with my friends. That’s why I love this pass. With it you can see one movie a day, every day, for the whole month. However, you can’t reserve seats beforehand so you just have to hope there are seats together. Other than that this minor inconvenience, MoviePass is great a deal.

2. Discount Tuesday at Cinemark for $3 to $4

If you don’t want to commit to a movie pass for a full month then this is perfect for you. Every Tuesday, Cinemark hosts discount day. That means that regular movie tickets are half price; which is pretty great considering how expensive movie tickets are.  

3. A YMCA day pass for $6.75

The Frisco YMCA has a lot of great workout equipment that you can use. They also have a dance studio and an outdoor soccer field. This is a great place to keep in shape during swimsuit season without being outside in the crazy hot Texas heat.

For those looking to stay cool during the hot Texas summer, students can go ice skating at the Dr. Pepper Arena.

4. Go ice skating at Dr Pepper Arena for $8.00

Perhaps one of the best ways to beat the heat this summer is by going ice skating. What could keep you cooler than literally standing on ice?! Even if you can’t skate very well, it’s still a fun place to go with friends, just make sure to wear warm clothes.

5. Build your own pizza at Blaze Pizza for $8.45

If your looking for a place to get great food at a great price then you need to try Blaze Pizza. At Blaze, you can build your own pizza or you can order one of their specialty pizzas, all for under $10. They have a ton of toppings to choose from, so you’re bound to find something you like.

For those looking to have some fun with friends and family, there are parts of the Frisco Athletic Center that are free.

6. Get some frozen custard at Andy’s

For a sweet treat, you should try Andy’s Frozen Custard. While all of the prices vary, nothing is over $10. Andy’s is a great place to go with friends and they even have a drive through if you don’t feel like leaving the comfort of your air conditioned car.

7. Go to the Frisco Athletic Center for $10

This place has almost everything, including water slides. While some parts of this athletic center are free, most of the activities require a day pass. This is a great place to work out or just chill out with some friends in the pool.