Ready to meet

Clubs and organizations gear back up

Students+interested+in+joining+a+club+on+campus+can+find+information+on+the+bulletin+board+in+the+hallway+leading+to+and+from+the+main+entrance.+In+addition+to+the+bulletin+board%2C+the+school+is+hosting+a+club+fair+on+Sept.+25.+

Caitlyn Kleibert

Students interested in joining a club on campus can find information on the bulletin board in the hallway leading to and from the main entrance. In addition to the bulletin board, the school is hosting a club fair on Sept. 25.

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

The first advisory period for all classes of the 2018-2019 school year is Monday with clubs beginning to host meetings during the free period.

Best Buddies President Sarah Kleyman anticipates a year full of new activities and expanding the organization throughout the campus.  

“I’m super excited to get to do all the stuff that we’ve been planning summer,” Kleyman said. “We have a lot of cool events planned that we didn’t get to do last year. Our biggest goal is to recruit new active members.”

Despite already having over 40 clubs on campus, those wanting to start their own organization have the opportunity to do so.

“All clubs, especially non-curricular clubs are created by coming into the AP’s office and getting an application, making sure you have a sponsor, making sure that Mrs. Addo interviews you,” AP secretary Marilyn Bryant said. “Have a good reason why the club needs to be on campus, what’s the purpose, what other information you want present to other students who may want to join the club.”