Football ready for early homecoming game

Luke Small

The Redhawks led 15-7 at the mark of the third quarter only to fall short to the Mustangs in double overtime losing 25-22 on Friday.

Luke Small, WTV Staff Reporter

The 2018-19 school is just a few weeks old but it’s already homecoming weekend with the team taking on Carrolton Creekview Friday at Memorial Stadium.

It’s the earliest homecoming in school history and for head coach Chris Burtch that could be a good thing.

“I think that having homecoming early in the season allows the school year to start off with a lot of excitment,” Burtch said. “It allows students to have something to look forward to and kind of get some momentum going not just for football season but for the school year. So, I like when it is.”

Junior football player Brandon Runge may not agree on all counts, especially when it comes to the dance.

“It doesn’t really give us time to ask dates out, one,” Runge said. “If you did ask your date out, I had to ask her out in the summer which is way to early for me. I didn’t really like it and I feel like it’s too early for the football team and for everybody to come out. I feel like it should be maybe two games later than it already is.”