• Taylor Swift ticket giveaway: tweet @libertywingspan using #taylorswifttickets

• Campus Club Fair Tuesday

• End of 1st 6 week grading period is Friday

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

College Fair attracts hundreds of students from across the district

More than 150 colleges and universities, including Penn State, were on campus Wednesday for the Frisco ISD College Fair.

“Even though I’ve already started applying to some colleges, going to College Fair was important to me,

More than 150 colleges and universities, including Penn State, were on campus Wednesday for the Frisco ISD College Fair. “Even though I’ve already started applying to some colleges, going to College Fair was important to me," senior Jessica Bemis said. "You never know what you might miss."

Kennedy Williams

Kennedy Williams

Ava Peinhardt, Staff Reporter

Red, silver, and black were far from the only school colors sported in the gyms Wednesday evening, as more than 150 representatives from colleges and universities set up for the annual Frisco ISD College Fair.

“The booths that I looked at really helped me find out about what the requirements for out-of-state students look like,” junior Anya Khosla said. “I don’t want to end up with a lot of student debt after I graduate, so money’s important. The booth representatives were super helpful, answering a lot of my questions on financial aid, scholarships, and the application process.”

While many juniors took part in the College Fair in anticipation of the busy year ahead, seniors and their families also showed up to find any last-minute resources or opportunities to help them in the remainder of application season.

“Even though I’ve already started applying to some colleges, going to College Fair was important to me because you never know what you might miss,” senior Jessica Bemis said. “I visited some other booths and heard what advice they had on admissions, and that can be used for wherever I end up going. College seems like this big, scary thing, but stuff like the College Fair does its best to break the transition down for you so that you and your parents aren’t as stressed out about it.”

With more than 150 college representatives present at Wednesday’s College Fair, counselor Ryan Kiefer hopes that the advice and information given to students will aid them in their college search and not go overlooked.

“Hopefully these students get an idea of the varying schools that are available to them, not just here in Texas but across the nation,” Kiefer said. “It’s an opportunity for them to speak directly to the college reps, to get information about financial aid, admission, and the programs that are strong at specific universities.”

Ava Peinhardt, Staff Reporter
Ava Peinhardt is a junior who is new to the Wingspan staff. While writing has always been a passion of hers, journalism is a new experience that Ava hopes will expand her skillset. In addition to Wingspan, she is also a member of the band and various clubs. In her (extremely limited) free time, Ava...
Kennedy Williams, WTV Staff Reporter
Kennedy is a senior who’s starting her final year of broadcast journalism. She plans to become an anesthesiologist and continue to drum as a side hustle. In addition to Wingspan, Kennedy is the NHS Chapter President and drumline captain of the band. She believes that she may have been born into the wrong time period,...