• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Redhawks look to take flight in Sherman

Lining+up+on+the+sideline+during+a+practice%2C+the+football+team+runs+drill+on+the+turf+field.+The+team+takes+on+Lone+Star+Thursday+at+the+Ford+Center+at+The+Star.+

Redhawks look to take flight in Sherman

Lining up on the sideline during a practice, the football team runs drill on the turf field. The team takes on Lone Star Thursday at the Ford Center at The Star.

Carter Brock

Carter Brock

Carter Brock

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Finishing off their non-district game portion of the season, the football team heads to Sherman to compete against the Bearcats tonight at 7p.m.

“Sherman is a really good ball club I think that they’re probably a lot like North Garland as far as talent wise,” head football coach Chris Burtch said. “They have a really good running back and they’re big, really big and physical. So I expect the same thing I expect every week from our kids. I expect us to go out there and play really hard, give great effort and hopefully the score board ends up on our side.”

With a 0-2 record the team hopes a win will launch them into their bye week on a good note.

“I think we are definitely prepared for what they will throw at us,” senior Ryan Coyne said. “I expect that we will play really well.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will...

Carter Brock, Executive Sports Producer

Carter is a senior entering his third year in Wingspan, serving as the executive sports producer for WTV. He plays basketball for the school, is in NHS,...