• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

Swift’s reputation secured

Arlington concerts show why she’s a star

Flanked+by+huge+video+monitors+bearing+her+image%2C+Taylor+Swift+dazzled+the+crowd+at+AT%26T+Stadium+Friday+and+Saturday+night+for+the+lastest+stops+on+her+Reputation+Stadium+Tour.+
Flanked by huge video monitors bearing her image, Taylor Swift dazzled the crowd at AT&T Stadium Friday and Saturday night for the lastest stops on her Reputation Stadium Tour.

Trisha Dasgupta

Trisha Dasgupta

Trisha Dasgupta, Guest Contributor

Taylor Swift is notorious for writing about her short-lived romances and dramatic relationships, a hallmark of her career that many on the internet relentlessly criticise. However, the crowds at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Friday and Saturday night seemed to have no complaints as they sang and danced with the singer at the lastest stop on the American leg of her tour, The Reputation Stadium Tour.

With an extra parking lot lined with security to ensure a safe place for parents to drop-off and pick-up their children, multiple free polaroid photo booths, and lyric-themed activities, Swift had made it increasingly evident that she put her fans, their safety, and their experience first and foremost, even before the show had actually started.

Once the show began, she reinforced this presumption, furthermore proving that almost every component of The Reputation Stadium Tour was designed to provide the best experience for each and every one of its audience members. At the entrance, each fan was provided a LED wristband, which pulsed in beat to the music and lyrics, creating luminous mosaics in the sold out stadium.

“These bands you have on, were something I started last tour.” Swift said to the crowd at AT&T stadium Friday night. “So that no matter where you sat, even if you were in the last row of the last section, at the very top, I would be able to see you.”

Her words echoed through the cheering stadium, as her face was projected onto her one hundred and ten feet tall LED screen walls, which blended seamlessly onto her stage.The screen was designed to give fans up in the nosebleeds a clear view, so that regardless of where one sat, they got an unforgettable experience.

Speaking of unforgettable experiences, Swift proved capable of a feat some artists can only dream of, managing to have an entire stadium sing and know the words to “White Horse”, a surprise song that was not only missing from the known setlist, but one she hadn’t sang in nearly ten years.

The two and a half hour show was filled with one theatrical performance after the next, the “Delicate” singer keeping the crowd bursting with excitement, their faces lit up with the glow from their wristbands.

It turned out to be no surprise that The Reputation Stadium Tour became the first tour at AT&T Stadium to sell out two nights back to back, with its incredible production quality, and unparalleled star.

1 Comment

One Response to “Swift’s reputation secured”

1. Erica Anderson on October 12th, 2018 12:49 pm

I love this! Trisha, you are a star! Great job!!

• Swift’s reputation secured

Battling the rain, band ready for UIL

• Swift’s reputation secured

Fall concert marks choir’s first performance with new director

• Swift’s reputation secured

• Swift’s reputation secured

Empty Bowls symbolize empty stomachs

• Swift’s reputation secured

Orchestra students shine at All-Region auditions

• Swift’s reputation secured

Singing their way to All-Region

• Swift’s reputation secured

Competition recording leads orchestra to Allen Performing Arts Center

• Swift’s reputation secured

Orchestra makes fall debut

• Swift’s reputation secured

Band marches to The Star in perpetual motion

• Swift’s reputation secured

Review: Florence and the Machine spreads a message of hope

Swift’s reputation secured