Altered schedule for PSAT testing Wednesday

On Oct. 4, students will be taking the PSAT, but it won’t be in the paper and pencil format it has in years past. The test will now be digital, with all students taking it on an FISD issued Chromebook.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

PSAT testing is on Wednesday with sophomores and juniors needing to report to their testing room by 8:45 a.m.

The PSAT is an opportunity to prepare for the SAT and to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Competition as a junior. The PSAT includes three tests: reading, writing and language, and mathematics. Although the PSAT test format is similar to the SAT test format, the PSAT is shorter than the three-hour SAT, lasting two hours and 45 minutes.

Cell phones will not be allowed in the testing rooms, so students are advised to leave their phones in their cars or lockers. Calculators will be provided for juniors; however, sophomores will not be provided calculators so they are advised to bring their own.

In additions, sophomore and juniors are advised to bring a No. 2 pencil. Water and snacks are allowed at the front of testing rooms, but water bottles must have a lid, and snacks must be in a clear plastic bag

Freshmen and seniors will have late arrival and are expected to arrive no later than 12:40 p.m. The normal bell schedule is expected to start with third period with students having their regular lunch period.

For the students who take the bus, buses will run on their normal schedule in the morning for sophomores and juniors. For freshmen and seniors, there is an adjusted bus schedule.