Volleyball keeps winning

Carter Brock

Volleyball had a tournament this past weekend at Byron Nelson High School. The tournament gave the redhawks a fresh look into their season preparing them for their next game against Sachse.

Aaron Boehmer, Assistant Sports Editor

Another match, another win for the volleyball team as they earned their 12th straight win defeating the Memorial Warriors 3-1 on Friday to keep their first place spot in District 9-5A.

“We’ve really focused on getting our middles more involved in our offense; I think they are a big reason for our success but especially in the Memorial game they did amazing,” senior Ashley Pennington said via text. “12 in a row is a very exciting accomplishment and we’re looking for number 13 on Tuesday.”

The chance at a 13th straight win comes Tuesday at 6:45 p.m. at home against Lone Star, with the team feeling they have a target on their back.

“Now that we are number one we have a huge target on our backs and that makes teams even more competitive than they were,” sophomore Damiana Bova-Ford said via text. “Each game and goal isn’t going to be handed to us.”

With their match against the Rangers taking place at The Nest, Pennington and the team are fueled by the home-court support.

“It’s been really awesome to see all the people who have come out to support us,” Pennington said via text. “We appreciate everyone who has so much; it gets us so pumped up and gets the momentum on our side going.”