• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Space running out for Spanish trip

Space running out for Spanish trip

Spanish teacher Patricia Flores has joined forces with other Spanish teachers in the district to plan an educational trip to Europe along with a handful of students from various schools in the district.

Patricia Flores

Patricia Flores

Patricia Flores

Sydney Bishop, Guest Contributor

Five Spanish 2 students have the opportunity to go to Madrid, London and Paris this summer on a study trip hosted in parted by Spanish teacher Patricia Flores.

We chose, London, Paris and Madrid because all three cities are incredible places full of monuments, and rich in history everywhere,” Flores said. “From Buckingham Palace to the Louvre. Madrid is a world center of art, and one of the world’s greenest cities.”  

The trip is 10 days long, and students will spend three days in London, two days in Paris and three days in Madrid.

“Students will not only have a blast, having the time of their lives, but also creating lasting memories,” Spanish teacher Patricia Flores said. “We will travel a 31-mile Channel Tunnel from London to Paris by Eurostar, the sleekest under-sea high speed train.”

These places happen to be a few of the most visited places around the world, according to The Business Insider.

“I have always wanted to go to Spain because the movie Ibiza was pretty lit,” freshman Kassidy Deforest said. “London and Paris, there is so much to see and do and learn about the culture which kind of fascinates me.”

Flores also want this trip to appeal to the students as much as possible, so they made sure they planned the itinerary accordingly, in order to have educational and entertaining activities.

“From strolling through the streets or sampling the market culture in Madrid, or riding a double-decker buses, taking pictures in an iconic red phone booths in London.” Flores said, “everything will be a trip of a lifetime, seeing all the art, palaces, monuments, architecture, people and cultures.”

The host also strives to make sure that for someone that has never been to any of these places, that this trip could be a enjoyable experience.

“Madrid is gorgeous and has lovely sights to view,” freshman Jah’Zarah Owens said. “London is amazing with different cultural views that I would love to explore. Paris has monumental views that are stunning.”