• Winter break Dec. 24 - Jan. 7

• First semester ends Dec. 21

• No school Nov. 19-23 for Thanksgiving break

Rezoning may get a break for 2019-2020

The Frisco ISD Administration building hosted a school board meeting on Monday night which featured what to expect for the 2019-2020 school year with including a planned lack of rezoning for FISD schools.

Maddie Owens

Maddie Owens

After years of rezoning schools, Frisco Independent School District is not planning to adjust attendance zones for the 2019-20 school year.

“[Last year] we really focused on utilizing space at existing facilities, and this is the first time in 20 years we’re not actively building anything,” Deputy Superintendent of Business and Operations Todd Fouche said during Monday’s Board of Trustees monthly meeting. “We hope through last year’s process that some of these zones will hold for a couple of years.”

After reaching a district enrollment this fall of 60,000 students, the district’s growth is expected to continue but for 2019-20, any rezoning will come only if a school is beyond its designated capacity.  

“We’re kind of in a wait and see for that,” Fouche said. “Right now our schools look really good for next year.”

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...