• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

AQR hosts cafeteria carnival

AQR hosts cafeteria carnival

Playing a game at the AQR carnival, senior Megan Birckelbaw tries to  win candy while learning.

Playing a game at the AQR carnival, senior Megan Birckelbaw tries to win candy while learning.

Lexi Wilcox

Lexi Wilcox

Lexi Wilcox

Lexi Wilcox, WTV Staff Reporter

For the past three weeks, AQR students have been learning about probability and on Tuesday, they put those lessons to the test with a variety of carnival inspired games.

“About the middle of the semester we started a probability unit and in the unit we discussed probability and scale factors,” AQR teacher Scott McGarrah said. “One thing we do because during State Fair of Texas we created carnival games to figure out probability of winning and losing and we play the game about 200 time to collect data from there we will put a budget proposal together to see if they can make money it teaches them teamwork and working with someone you don’t know and time management.”

For students, it was a sweet time away from the classroom.

“The game was super fun,” senior Emma Woode said. “My favorite part was getting the candy and it was a good time playing all the games.”

Senior Dionn Lacy believes that the creative approach to learning makes the unit enjoyable.

“I really like this activity,” Lacy said. “It’s my favorite so far, my favorite part has got to be the candy.”

For senior Zion Richardson, the carnival makes the learning environment more engaging and fun.

“It was fun and I like coming out here and get the class out here; it’s a fun environment,” senior Zion Richardson said. “My favorite thing about it is the candy, of course.”