Flash mob performance teases upcoming production

Cast+members+from+theatres+upcoming+production+of+Singin+in+the+Rain+gave+students+and+staff+a+glimpse+at+the+show+with+a+flash+mob+performance+on+Wednesday+during+advisory+period.+The+production+runs+Nov.+29-Dec.+2.+

Ava Peinhardt

Cast members from theatre’s upcoming production of “Singin’ in the Rain” gave students and staff a glimpse at the show with a flash mob performance on Wednesday during advisory period. The production runs Nov. 29-Dec. 2.

Ava Peinhardt, Staff Reporter

During Wednesday’s advisory, cast members from theater’s upcoming musical Singin’ In the Rain broke out in song and dance for a flash mob performance in the rotunda.

Though the production won’t be performed live until the last week of November, cast member Isabella Knott found that the mini performance was a good way to show people what the theater department has been working on.

“The purpose of this flash mob performance was to basically promote the show in a different way instead of having the usual posters and announcements,” Knott said. “It was to basically say, ‘hey, we’re here, we’re doing a show, and you should come see it.’ We’ve been doing a lot lately, and it’s very nerve-wracking, but very exciting at the same time. I really think we’re going to be able to pull [the musical] off.”

Additionally, members of the cast were able to practice performing with one another in front of a live audience, as students in both the rotunda as well as the cafeteria were able to view the dance number.

“I think the flash mob was a mini cast-bonding kind of experience,” Knott said. “I mean, it’s something that none of us have ever done before which could help with  chemistry on the stage, and that’s really important to us and the show. I don’t believe that there are going to be rehearsals [over the break], but it’s our duty as cast members and as crew to basically hold ourselves accountable and make sure that we know what we’re doing for all of our performances even with our time off.”