39 students admitted to All Region band

Noah Servigon

Thanksgiving break provided students with a chance to relax, but for some, the break served as an opportunity to prepare for the All-Region audition on Thursday. The audition allows band students to show off their musical talent and hard work.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

39 of 120 students that auditioned at Plano West High School, made the All-Region band with results announced Monday evening. Of those 39, 11 advanced to the area round and will compete in January for a spot on the All-State band.

“All the directors are incredibly proud of that accomplishment,” band director Zach Anderson said. “That is truly an attribute to to them as performers and all the time that they’ve put in working hours and hours on end from summer until now. They’ve been working on it now for over four months. Getting to see kind of all that hard work pay off is kind of just culminates into that one day. So we’re excited for them.

After months of practice, band student Edward Chen is one of the students that made the all region band.

“I feel that it’s very rewarding that I made all region,” Chen said. “The music comes out in late July and personally I started in like October so I’ve been working on it for almost two months now and it’s really rewarding to see my hard work pay off.”

Practice was a key component in the all region audition process.

“I practice a lot and some more,” senior Lyric Hill said. “I didn’t think I was going to get as high as I did, but when I met quite a bit because I was I was really nervous but like I guess everything I did was worth it.”