• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Say It Louder: looking beyond the stars

Whether+it%27s+something+about+school%2C+being+a+student%2C+or+a+social+issue%2C+columnist+Emma+Cramption+tries+to+make+sure+her+message+is+heard+in+her+weekly+column+%22Say+it+Louder%22.+

Say It Louder: looking beyond the stars

Whether it's something about school, being a student, or a social issue, columnist Emma Cramption tries to make sure her message is heard in her weekly column

Whether it's something about school, being a student, or a social issue, columnist Emma Cramption tries to make sure her message is heard in her weekly column "Say it Louder".

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi

Emma Crampton, Opinion Editor

People tend to make fun of those interested/invested in astrology, but the concept is very interesting and makes a lot of sense. Basically, how it “works” (or believed) is that the alignment of the stars in the universe affect a person’s mood, personality, and environment depending on when they were born.

There are 12 zodiac signs, your main sign is your sun sign, and this one is the most accurate to you. There are two other “back up” signs that you obtain the rising and the moon. These will tell you your traits more specifically on your emotions and line of communication.

The ones who disagree with this belief system argue that there is no scientific evidence that the concept of astrology is accurate. This is true, and I understand why people would be skeptical of something with no scientific evidence.

However, it’s kind of the same as religion. There’s no evidence to prove it, but it’s the way you see it working in the world that you know it’s real. When I meet someone and get to know their mannerisms and actions, it makes perfect sense when I’m informed of their astrological information.

Solar flares cause electromagnetic disturbances on earth that can disrupt satellites and even cause blackouts. The position of the moon causes ocean tides. So, at least to me, it would make sense that the alignment of the universe at the exact time you were born would have an impact on your life.

The thing that bothers me is those who mock astrology. You don’t have to accept or believe in it, but respect those who do.

Although it’s not as extreme as an actual religion, it’s a system of beliefs in how the universe works. There are countless theories and opinions on how the world works, and we will never know which is true. This is just one of many that should be respected like all others.

Emma Crampton, Opinion Editor

Emma Crampton is a senior (finally yay!) who loves writing, singing, and being surrounded by people she loves. She loves just about everybody too so chances...