NAHS holds induction ceremony

NAHS holds induction ceremony

NAHS induction ceremony will take place Friday after school. Students in PAP/AP drawing classes had the opportunity to join. The induction is an annual event held by the NAHS club.

Kanz Bitar, Guest Contributor

The National Art Honor Society is having its annual induction ceremony on Friday after school from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with members participating in a white elephant gift exchange.

“We will be having our usual ceremony where we hand out the certificates to each member. After that we will be having a reception with food and drinks,” club president Sunyoung Yun said. “We will also be having our usual white elephant gifting game for those who would like to participate”

The difference this year in the induction ceremony is that it will be held in the auditorium due more NAHS members than before.

“Our membership is larger than it has ever been,” Yun said. “So in order to accommodate such a large group of people we will be holding the ceremony in the auditorium, rather than the Lecture Hall.”

As the club president, Yun will be making sure that the officers are doing their jobs and since this is the largest the club has ever been, extra planning was put into the ceremony.

“I have to make sure all the officers know what their role is in the ceremony, as well as making sure we have the food and drink ready for the reception and making sure all the members are aware of the event,” Yun said. “Since we are expecting a  larger group than usual, we do have some extra planning needed compared to previous years in order to insure that the event flows smoothly.

Members who are attending the ceremony are looking forward to celebrating being part of NAHS.

“I am most looking forward to celebrating being in NAHS with my friends, because it is such a fun club,” junior Megan Ward said. “I am excited to participate in the white elephant gift exchange and celebrate with sweet treats.”

About the Photographer
Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Shreya is a senior and this is her fourth year in wingspan. As a senior, she finds almost everyone annoying and hates when underclassmen accidentally touch...