FEF scholarship application Friday at 4:00 p.m.

The FEF scholarship deadline is Friday at 4:00 p.m. Seniors are encouraged to apply. There are over 800 scholarships seniors can get.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Time is running out for seniors wanting to apply for a Frisco Education Foundation scholarship as the three week application window closes Friday at 4:00 p.m.

“We have found that whether it’s three weeks or three months that  the applicants pretty much have the same trend in when they decide to submit it and complete it and start their application,” FEF Director Allison Miller said in a 2017 interview with Wingspan. “So three weeks gives them a solid deadline with a time commitment, kind of rallying them to get the application done.”

The foundation offers more than 800 scholarships worth anywhere from $500-$22,000.

“I think it’s really important that Frisco ISD gave us a good opportunity to earn a scholarship,” senior Sravan Mugada said. “And we work really hard for it and it’s an opportunity for us, like show how hard we work.”

Although the three week window in which to apply is that same every year, some seniors didn’t think they had the time to complete the application.

“I was so busy this year,” senior Amer Jusupovic said. “The deadline just kind of seemed like it came up out of nowhere and I didn’t really have time to work on it before I realized that it was too late to ask for recommendations and things like that.”

Despite the fast approaching deadline, AP Government teacher Kristin Lynch  recommends seniors apply.

“I think it’s important to take advantage of all opportunities to help you pay for college,”  Lynch said. “Because any resource you get is just another opportunity.”

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Shreya is a senior and this is her fourth year in wingspan. As a senior, she finds almost everyone annoying and hates when underclassmen accidentally touch...