Lights, camera, club photos

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

• Lining up students on the visiting side bleachers in the main gym, photographer Amy Smith spent Wednesday working with the dozens of clubs on campus for yearbook picture day.

• Arranged by height on the visitor’s side of The Nest, every club and organization on campus took their turn getting their yearbook picture taken on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019.

• Once each group was in the stands, photographer Amy Smith made sure the spacing between students was right while also making sure each group posed in the same way.

• Stationed at center court, photographer Amy Smith took multiple pictures of each group on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019.

• Most of the clubs were organized by height with photographer assistant Kara Whaley getting each group ready for their turn in front of the camera.

PA chimes could be hear sounding throughout the day Wednesday as all clubs and organizations are taking yearbook pictures in main gym.

“It’s a little chaotic,” photographer Kara Whaley said. “It’s still fun, it’s just counting kids all day.”

Getting dozens of students to pose for a picture can be tough to manage.

“It’s chaos,” photographer Amy Smith said. “The larger the group, the louder they are, the harder to get them and ready to go because they are all talking at the same time.”

With more than 50 clubs and organizations on campus, having Whaley and Smith take the club pictures is a big help to the yearbook staff.

“So they will be taking pictures all day and we run them up,” yearbook adviser Kim Breen said. “It’s super helpful having it all done, having it out of the way, and having everyone represented in the yearbook.”