One stop school shopping at FISD College Fair

Surya Ravichandran, WTV Sports Producer

The second Frisco ISD college fair took place on Wednesday night at Frisco High School.

Dozens of colleges, including ivy league schools such as Harvard and Stanford attended the fair giving students the opportunity to look at several different colleges.

For junior Brayden White, the fair gives him the chance to narrow down on his list of colleges.

“To be honest I already had a few colleges picked out,” White said. “I’ve gotten some more info, so that helps.”

Braden’s mom, Bethany White, believes the college fair gives parents and students the information they need to make the best decision for the future.

“I think it’s great that there are so many colleges represented here,” Bethany said. “It makes it pretty easy to just to go up to the table and ask questions that you might have about their school, what their degrees are, to help him make better decisions and explore more options.”

• Representative for Western Governors University, Barbera LeCesne, writes down upcoming dates in her planner as she waits for students to arrive at her college informational table.

• As students and parents approach the University of Nebraska- Lincoln informational table, representative, Genesis Garcia, answers their various question about the school and campus life. Genesis Garcia highlights a few of the campuses new engineering buildings that are being built to further boost their engineering program.

• While waiting for students and parents to visit her informational table, Northeast Texas Community College representative, Shelbi Rankin, organizes the brochures and pamphlets. With the crowd of students and parents attending the FISD College Fair, College and University representatives have to keep up with the demand for their informational papers.

• Students and parents from the FISD school district attend the FISD College fair held at Frisco High school. Attendees get the chance to speak directly with a variety of different colleges as they gain information regarding what each has to offer.

• At the FISD College Fair, Liberty High School Student, Junior, Divya Sinha, speaks with University of North Texas at Dallas representative, Haley Flanagan, about the different career paths that the University has to offer. Before leaving, Divya Sinha picks up a informational brochure provided on the University of North Texas at Dallas table.

• University of Colorado Boulder representative, Perri Watts, greets FISD students and parents with a smile as they approach the college informational table. Perri Watts answers various questions that parents and students have regarding the courses, campus life and choices of major at the University of Colorado Boulder.

• At the annual college fair, students would usually get the opportunity to find their interests and start planning for life after high school in-person. But this year, the college fair is taking on an online platform.

• During the FISD College Fair, juniors Marley Oldham and Lulia Pan from Heritage High School talk with University of Wyoming representative, Fareett Patrick, about possible choices of major at the University of Wyoming.

• University of Mississippi representative, Mercer Ann Moon, smiles as she waits for students to stop by her informational table during the FISD College Fair. The table includes a variety of informational brochures and flyers advertising the school and its course offerings.

• During the FISD College Fair, students and parents wait in line for the University of Penn State along with multiple other attendees. The FISD students and parents plan to get a more indepth look at what the University of Penn State has to offer.