Funds provided by TRE lead to new hire

New Spanish teacher starts out semester

Ariela Rodrigues, WTV Staff Reporter

After Frisco ISD voters passed the Tax Ratification Election, the money accumulated and funds are already finding their way to campus via new staff members.

Since the beginning of the second semester, five Spanish classes are being taught by one of the newest teachers on campus: Maria Caicedo.

Teaching isn’t new for Caicedo as she previously taught at Vines High School in Plano ISD.

“From the beginning I was very interested in joining Frisco ISD and Liberty just happened to be one of the best options I had,” Caicedo said. “I like the atmosphere the students – it’s a pretty diverse background and it just seemed like the best fit for me.”

Caicedo is teaching a variety of spanish classes to provided relief for the large number of students enrolled in spanish courses.

“Right now, three of my classes have become a lot smaller so we went from thirty students to I think fifteen,” spanish teacher Kristen Kubic said. “So not is that only helping me to help the students in the class during the classroom period, but now that we have an extra teacher we are able to then, during advisory we can split up more of the different remediation activities that we need to do.

Being a part of the school differs compared to Caicedo’s previous school.

“I was used to a high school that was divided like junior high and senior high but that’s the biggest difference cause here you have all four levels together from freshman to senior and I think that makes a huge difference in how students interact with each other and how they mature.”