Say it louder: productivity is key

Whether+it%27s+something+about+school%2C+being+a+student%2C+or+a+social+issue%2C+columnist+Emma+Cramption+tries+to+make+sure+her+message+is+heard+in+her+weekly+column+%22Say+it+Louder%22.+

Say it louder: productivity is key

Whether it's something about school, being a student, or a social issue, columnist Emma Cramption tries to make sure her message is heard in her weekly column

Whether it's something about school, being a student, or a social issue, columnist Emma Cramption tries to make sure her message is heard in her weekly column "Say it Louder".

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi

Emma Crampton, Opinion Editor

I never thought that finding something to do with my day aside from work would be an issue considering the time and effort that school requires, but now that I’m done with school at 12:15 p.m. every day, this has been a reoccurring struggle for me.

Everyone who lives in Frisco talks about how boring it is, and generally, they would be correct. There isn’t much to do here besides eat and shop, and those are things that I usually do with company.

Doing these things alone felt very strange at first, but with time it became natural and actually really pleasant to just spend time with myself. With my friends being at school a lot longer than me, finding things to do to fill the empty time is difficult, but I’ve found some small things that have really made a difference.

Going to the gym or simply just running outside is both good for your body and a productive way to fill time. Another one is going to the library, and while that may seem boring, it’s a great place to get some schoolwork done or, obviously, read.

Doing homework at your own house is easier and more convenient, but doing it at the library ensures that it will be done faster with less distractions. You can even join clubs (such as the book club at your library) around town that will give you something to do and allow you to meet new people.

When bored, I could easily just sit on my phone, watch TV, take a nap, etc., but now that I make sure to do at least one activity each day, I feel much more productive and satisfied at the end of the day.

When you get little to nothing done in the day, it just feels like a waste of time. You have all this time given to you, an using it in a productive and active manner is the best way to set up the potential for the day being overall positive.

Emma Crampton, Opinion Editor

Emma Crampton is a senior (finally yay!) who loves writing, singing, and being surrounded by people she loves. She loves just about everybody too so chances...