NHS applications now available

Sarah Phillips

National Honor Society is holding their second mandatory meeting for members Wednesday and Thursday in the auditorium. “During the NHS meeting we will go over hour requirements for this semester, reintroduce officers, and introduce new FISD hour requirements,” NHS president Reva Kabnurkar said.

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

National Honor Society applications for high school students are available starting Wednesday. Sponsors Amber Bennett and Kelli Duckworth welcome and encourage current sophomores and juniors with a at least 4.0 weighted GPA to apply.

For NHS president Kennedy Williams, NHS singles out students looking to go above and beyond.

“In general, NHS is a pretty low demand organization and becoming a member of NHS means that you know you care about your school life and you have that drive to hold yourself to a higher standard,” NHS president Kennedy Williams said. “NHS kind of helps you with that. Our goal is to help you be resources to make that easier for you.”

Application are due to either Bennett in C216 or Duckworth in C225 on Feb. 27 for the 2019-2020 school year.