Break awaits winter guard

After weeks of competition, varsity winter guard is taking a break. The team looks forward to improving their performance styles.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Competition season continued on Saturday for the winter guard as the squad took part in the Winter Guard International Dallas regional at Coppell High School.

“I think the competition went really well,” director Eric Mills said. “We performed our hearts out and had a great time doing it and that’s all we can really ask for.”

Even though the team didn’t make the finals, senior Charlotte Maina believes the weekend provided them with insight on the team.

“I think we were really good,” she said. “I think everybody getting off the floor had a great run and I think we also grew from like that experience itself. It was pretty great.”

Using the Winter Guard International as a learning experience, the team is focusing on improving their performance.

“We are just reevaluating the show, trying to make small adjustments here and there to make the show as a whole, more successful,” Mills said. “Also continuing to work on individual achievement and skills as we continue forward.”

With no school on Friday or Monday, the team is taking a break before it’s next competition.

“This week we’re having a short break this week and then we’re just going to review and take like the judges tapes and comments and tweak and like fix some things and then for our next competition,” Mills said. “We’re just like having a chill weekend we’re going to be like back and ready for next competition.”